Friday, December 09, 2005

Next Illness?

Croup it is. It seemed that we were on the right track to a healthy December when a barking seal emerged from Nora's bedroom this morning. I immediately recognized the sound from when Uncle Drew was little and standing in the upstairs bathroom with the shower running for hours. I still remember the condensation running down the wallpaper.

After a quick visit to the doctor, I learned that croup is going around and not to worry. Despite the horrible sounding cough, Nora has been in wonderful spirits. She and I had a great time playing together today. She is very contagious and couldn't be around other children today or for the next few days for that matter. Darn, had to use a sick day ;-) I'm happy to be in a position where it isn't a big deal to stay home with Nora. Good thing I'm not very important right now.

On another note, hopefully Brian will make it home tonight from Seattle. His flight into Minneapolis was delayed because it is snowing there again. His flight lands at 10:10 and his next flight to Milwaukee leaves at 10:35. I sure hope he makes it! It would really make for a short weekend if he had to take the redeye. Nora has been saying "da da" all the time. She loves to hear him talk on the phone while watching him on the webcam!

No comments: